Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Update

Posted by helpwiththis (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 4, 09 at 18:17

I have complained about my many issues with my sister who lives with us and her child. Well a little over a year later she is finally ready to move out!! It is actually on good terms too.

This summer I ended my free babysitting services to her. We also laid down rules about having people over. We told her that she was welcome to live at our house, but it was not somewhere to hang out with friends/boyfriends. People could pick her up and stop in to say hi, but that is about it. We also got on her about cleaning up and helping out more around the house.

So I think that what has happened is that she does not see us as a convenient free-ride anymore. Now that she is paying rent, paying for a babysitter, and not being able to have friends at our house it is not so convenient.

She came home a few weeks ago and said that she found an apartment nearby that she can afford. She said that she wanted the extra space because her child is getting bigger and she really wanted them to have their own rooms, etc.

So I am happy that we did not have to tell her to leave eventually and that this was her decision. Now I get my house back....wheew!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Update

Great news !!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here