Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hey all!

Posted by wild_thing (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 20, 09 at 18:12

HI ladies! It has been awhile lol...I was super duper busy with the back to school routine, then september seemed to be filled with endless sickness. including the swine flu. October has been okay so far...knock on wood.

My dh is supposed to be a new Grandpa today sometime....my ss (19) called yesterday to let us know they were going up to the hospital so his g/f could be induced. Dh has mixed feelings about it all.

School is in full swing for the kiddos now. The little ones are doing good. My oldest is doing good save for his bout with H1N1, but he made it through and is doing fine.

On to the sd lol.....we thought she was doing good. She was all gung ho for school to start and talking college etc. We were thinking...cool...she is getting her sh*t together finally. Nah.....not so much! We got mid terms on friday. Yeah, she has three F's and two C's ...low C's. WTF?!!
She hasn't missed one day of school.
We told her....well, get it together and get passing grades or drop out and work full time.

Not to mention the "friend" issues still. Some of you may remember. She has a few but they are sketchy. She decided she wanted a b/f instead at the start of the school year. Not a problem...she is almost 17 afterall. Her dad told her he had to meet him in person. He came over one day. Didn't say two words to him. Just sat on the couch trying to hold her hand in front of him lol. He is two years younger than her...he is a freshman, she is a Jr. (they work together)
Well...we came to find out he is a little gang banger. His my space page has his name as gangsta wit a cold 45......real nice.
Her dad told her she was done with him. She complied as far as we know. Sigh....it never ends.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hey all!

holding hands in front of her dad's? "nice boy". I am 43 and am shy to hold hands in front of my dad. "very classy".

o

Sounds like you have been busy! Glad to hear the swine flu came and went without incident. Sd's boyfriend story is almost comical! Its amazing what nonsense kids will post on myspace. Don't they realize anyone can see that stuff!!

o

Wow. BUSY LADY!!!!

I'm glad the swine flu didn't cause any complications for you guys.

The SD boyfriend thing is too much! Glad DH put the kabosh on it--hope SD stays away from that guy.

o

Yeah, the b/f was a real piece of work lol. It is over with though, very short lived thank goodness lol.

Trying to keep up here. I can't believe October is almost over! Ack! We had my 7 year olds birthday last saturday and now this saturday is halloween. Holy cow it never ends!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here