SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
myfampg

Child support advice

myfampg
12 years ago

So I'll start my own thread instead of borrowing momof3's lol

Ex is now a month behind. He has never been behind, never not paid etc etc his employer garnishes it so it's never been an issue. I happen to be divorced to a man who loves to work so I've never had to deal with him being unemployed.

Anyway -- I do not believe him to be unemployed bc he is still as of this morning driving his work vehicle. So my thought is, maybe child support was lost, not sent in by his employer or some kind of misapplication by CSDU.

I've contacted the local office that handles my account and they simply say they have not received payment since August 28th. They said they won't notify him until he is 3 months behind. I feel this is unfair because I would have to go 2 more months, putting him near $3000 in arrears before they will send a letter. Unfortunately, waiting another two months isn't going to pay the obligations for dd that I have. I use CS for daycare and dance class, the rest reimburses me for whatever throughout the month, but I honestly cannot afford daycare or dance without the CS. Dance can be put on hold (so sad for Dd since she Loves going) but daycare, not so much. I have to have afterschool care for her. No way around it.

Anyway - what should I do? The CS office said to let him know it hasn't been received. I don't want to be one of 'those' that harps him about money but afterall it is his responsibility to support his child. Should i send him an email and let him know how much in arrears he is as of today? And say just FYI not sure what is going on, wanted to let you know it hasn't been received?

What's the best way to say it so that I don't antagonize him. CS is a very touchy subject. I'm either 1. Not using it appropriately 2. I'm not budgeting right if I 'need' it 3. I am reminded what it is for and what it is not etc etc

Help please!?!?

Comments (21)