SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimster2563_gw

Adult step-daughter won't leave!

kimster2563
13 years ago

My husband and I have been married 2 years. He has 3 daughters, I have 2. My oldest daughter has been out of the house since before I married, my youngest daughter (19) moved out recently due to conflicts she and my husband had. When she moved out, my husband and I agreed that when any girl moved out, they would no longer get a key and would not be able to come back to live (in emergencies they could come back and stay for a limited time). My husband's oldest daughter (20) has been a problem for us as she has no respect for our house or the people in it. She recently moved to an apartment about an hour from home. I was ecstatic that she was moving out. The problem is, she comes home every Friday (sometimes Thursday)and stays until after supper on Sunday. She no longer has a room here so her stuff is spread throughout the house, she eats our food, comes home at 3:00 a.m., sleeps on any empty couch or bed, does her laundry, and I am so furious! Every weekend I dread being around the house. I feel resentful and irritated in the extreme. My husband is upset with me because I'm such a b***h about the whole thing and he can't see a problem. He has two other daughters (age 18 and 13), and they are good kids and I get along with them. This oldest daughter is just driving me insane! Am I being unreasonable? I don't know what to do - how to cope with this problem that I don't believe is going to go away.

Comments (7)