SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dotz_gw

Its not the dress

dotz_gw
14 years ago

Dress thread has been brutal, and its dragging me back to a place, where I think, NOT that she ll ever admit it,KKNY is now...Its not easy to be divorced and then have your only child leave the nest for college...The hours between four and six, when you were helping with homework, and making dinner are empty..Cook, for what, for who? Share how was your day? Nobody there to share it with..I can well remember the despair, loneliness and pain of those days..Made a bunch of stupid mistakes, spent my days in a white hot rage, alienated some friends that just wanted to share what the kids in their households were up to, didnt they KNOW I missed MY kid and didnt want to hear about theirs?Is this what the rest of my life is going to be like.....No, it sure isnt, wasnt..You work your way out of the depression and move on , like every other life stage...I hate to think of posters taking this personally...I m not going to excuse KKNYs behavior, but I do understand it...I raged and slashed and burned at people who sure didnt deserve it, this just may be whats going on here...

Comments (31)

• kkny
    14 years ago

Heah, my kid came home last weekend and is coming home this weekend. And guess what, I love a clean house.

• dotz_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

My kid came home some weekends too, and I m the clean queen, song remains the same....You WILL not admit it....Can you at least entertain the notion that is why you are misbehaving today??????

• Related Discussions

It's already been a MONTH!

Q

Comments (4)
    Hey Tish! Nothing will be like you think and something will go wrong. As long as you handle it with affection and aplomb, it'll be ok. I've been married three times (UGH! let's don't go there). The first time was the huge white wedding with a veil that was hot glued to a headband and then flowers hotglued over it (tip there since you asked!), very formal in a church, and very somber... the flower girl did very well dropping her petals, until she got to the end of the aisle, turned, and ran up it yelling Mommy, Mommy, I did it! And the third one I only got to see/hold my bouquet for about ten minuets. It disappeared never to be seen again?! Just give it a good laugh and enjoy it as "memorable" when it happens. because. It will. (((smiles!!!)))
    ...See More

A crockpot grown unknown&2 unknown agave

Q

Comments (3)
    I don't know about the Agave, but the cactus looks like a Trichocereus pachanoi that's seem some hard times. It will take a light frost, and maybe a little freeze, but it is from the (relatively warm) hillside of the Andes. A good measure to use is no wet feet when it's cold. You should water it in its growth season (now).
    ...See More

The Wedding

Q

Comments (75)
    I don't care for any of the toppers that sit on the front of the head. I think some would be nice worn different; it's too distracting to the face. It's amazing how much I forgot about the Royal family. You can go to wiki & read for days. The Queen wouldn't be Queen if her uncle didn't step down. With what I'm reading; I'm not sure Charles will even be King People.com says this about Williams Uniform- The prince, 28, has been named Colonel of the Irish Guards in the British Army, Buckingham Palace announced Thursday, and experts are suggesting that he may wear the ceremonial uniform for the Colonels: a grand-looking scarlet-colored jacket and black trousers with piping to match the jacket. Here is a link that might be useful: Official Royal wedding photos
    ...See More

Is Your Grandchild Outfitted for Cooler Weather?

Q

Comments (3)
    Jonesy I bet everybody was thrilled to get a chance to buy your dolls!! One of the things I really like about Once Upon A Child is you can resell the childrens clothes back to them once the children have outgrown them. Perk, we drive about 40 miles to get to the nearest store too. Our shop has an area where the children can play while Moms and GrandMoms shop. We took Aeryn over there and she was very good and had fun playing. We really didn't know how she would react when we walked away and out of her sight. But she was fine. She would call out MeMaw just to make sure we were still close by. lol Dancey
    ...See More
  • sweeby
    14 years ago

Well I'll admit it -- I miss my kid! And he'd just 'recovered' from being a teenager and started talking and thinking again...

But (can I brag here?) he just called me today with his mid-term grades -- 105 in Chemistry and first in the whole college in Biology! Amazing what Concerta and maturity can do. ;-)

But I still miss him...

• dotz_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

LOL Nothing wrong with admitting you miss them!!!Heck, I love a clean house, but I would have let mine paint ball the living room if it meant having him home with me!!! Since the college , college, max out Dad for CS kept coming up on the Dress thread, I m almost afraid to tell you KKNY , went to Atty today to have CS and college STOPPED today..Lets spar, I can be your outlet :)

• silversword
    14 years ago

Why did you have CS and College stopped Dotz?

Congratulations Sweeby!!!! You must be one PROUD MAMA!!!

• dotz_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Silver, DH is sick...The day came that I have been dreading, Dhs Dr ordered him to stop working..Went to atty for CS college mod..DH will not have any income for maybe 6 months to a year...They may revisit mod when SS is approved...But for now its like 12.00 a week... Standing down for fallout from BM....

• kkny
    14 years ago

Dotz, I am sorry to hear about your husband. Just so I understand, are you trying to have the CS your husband pays stopped or the support you receive stopped. Given your current husband is ill, it seems somewhat precarious to have what you (on behalf of your son) stopped.

• dotz_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

KKNY, My DH is sick, not my Ex..He is stopping CS/College for his son, my Stepson...

• silversword
    14 years ago

Oh Dotz, I'm sorry your DH is sick. I hope this is something that will get progressively better. It may be hard on your SS financially, but even Warren Buffet says to prepare for retirement and have children take care of educational expenses if it's a one-or-the-other situation. Children have their entire lives to pay back college expenses, and parents can always help more if it's possible. I wish you and yours the best.

• kkny
    14 years ago

Ok, this all makes more sense. Again, I am sorry your dh is sick.

My X and I started saving for college from the day D was born. If he were to get sick (well, either of us) we both have long term disability insurance, in addition to life insurance (both required under terms of divorce/CS).

But this does point out to others the need to save for college, and make arrangements ahead of time. So if Dads Xwife had not been maximizing CS while the son was younger, he might not be facing dire straights now. But it seems your primary focus is on your Xs being upset.

• sweeby
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry about your husband Dotz -- I hope he recovers quickly.
    And Silver is absolutely right about the education versus retirement issue.

(And thanks Silver - I AM proud of him!)

• shannon2356
    14 years ago

Dotz, I am really sorry to hear about your DH. I hope things get better, I am keeping you in my thoughts...!!

Silver, there are lots of people who think the same way, that retirement comes first if you can't afford both.

http://genxfinance.com/2009/09/15/paying-for-college-or-saving-for-retirement-the-generation-x-balancing-act/

Sweeby, that is one smart cookie you have there, congratulations!!

• dotz_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

to all for kind thoughts and good wishes...No, unfortunately DHs condition will not improve, he will never return to work...A transplant is the only thing to improve or give him a shot, but thats unlikely...KKNY, My first concern is DH and his health...DHs Ex will more than likely cause him undo stress he doesnt need now...He did prepare for SS education...He s a teenager and has an account that earned 7,000.00 in interest last year, but Ex doesnt want to SPEND that money, she wants DH to pay for college and leave THAT money alone...WHY????It was for COLLEGE..In court, DH found out she hid over 50,000.00 in marital assets, and he didnt try to re coup it...That alone should be enough to get by until his Soc Security and pension kick in and I m sure the court will up the amount for support...And I guess if the family was still intact and this crisis happened, she could, I dunno, Get a JOB, like I would to help out...I will support DH for the time being until his disabilty is approved..When DH was off for 7 months I worked and CS got paid....I m just saying in my case, BM is going to go ballistic...She wants her PAYDAY, regardless of DH s health....

• quirk
    14 years ago

dotz, so sorry to hear your DH is no longer well enough to work. Are your SSs now starting to understand the seriousness of his health?

(although at that age, or maybe even at any age, i guess it still might be easier to keep your head in the sand about a loved one's ill health)

• dotz_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey Quirk, Thanks for asking, he actually was having a guilty fit, said he wanted to tell SS in person which he did this afternoon..SS said BM has gotten some notification of the CS mod, but he did seem concerned about DHs health, GLAD about THAT, not just poor BM, what are WE going to do.... SS number 2, I think he ll just worry about how this will affect his mom, not worry about DH, he s all about the money... And as for me, OMG, running out of Arbor Mist , and I sneaked one of DHs pain pills to just be able to sleep one night and stop worrying about this...Its not about money, Damn these kids, your father is SICK, he may not be here when you need $$$$$$. Oh PS Tommorrow is DH birthday, but no card with SS whom he so kindly told you in person, I cant work anymore, I am so sorry if I am letting you down.. I am so angry, tommorow on DH birthday, we re going for an epidural..SS s will not call... I m gonna have to move to Steptalk...Where raging is allowed..Sorry, I m sure because of the wine, makes no sense,but I m about 2 inches from a nervous breakdown,but sincerely Quirk, thank you for asking, and I hope your DH is feeling well and continues to....

• quirk
    14 years ago

That's really a shame. It must be heartbreaking for your DH to have his sons more concerned about money than about their father's health-- and for you too.

((hugs))

• dotz_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Quirk, Yes, I think these two have been indoctrinated by BM to think money is the end all , be all..I wonder if they will realize in the future how meaningless it is compared to the love of a caring father..I can only hope..Thanks again Dotz

• kkny
    14 years ago

Dotz, it cuts both ways. If I were seriously sick my first thoughts would be as to how DD manages. Aparently some of you and DHs were gettin college payments stopped. Again, I am very sorry your DH is ill.

• silversword
    14 years ago

People can succeed without their parents paying for their college education. That's privilege, not a God-given right. Any "adult/child" who is thinking "what about meeeeeeee?" when their parent is ill and cannot continue to fund their post-high school education doesn't have their priorities in the right order.

• dotz_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You missed the part where I said a COLLEGE fund is INTACT and BM has control of it...Pays 7,000 yearly in interest, so I m sure if if lil Mr. 2.5 wants to go to Harvard, he can....The problem is, BM doesnt want to spend it for the purpose it was INTENDED..Kid is almost done with CS, and Ms Grasshopper didnt squirrel away for the winter(NO job last ten years, lived off CS and now has to share with jobless live in hobo)So, the train having left the station so to speak, she s broke and has no way to live...This will be in court, so if the judge allows her to keep what my DH has saved for college for 18 years and decides to let her keep it for, oh lets say SONS retirement,I will be speechless.....

• kkny
    14 years ago

Dotz, you right, I missed that. So I am confused as to why you said earlier that "Went to atty for CS college mod.." If DH was able to accumulate and save so much, sounds like he earned an awful lot.

• dotz_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Believe or not, BM had son call DH right before college started this fall and asked him to PAY for Full college, ignoring the fact money already there, Doubling dipping, less for DH to spend on me I m guessing, lets get all we can :)There was no court ordered college, was for first SS(fully funded by my DH).So DH told him he would pay one third, so as not to empty his account, which I thought was MORE than generous..He s not obligated to give him ANY college money..Now that he s not working, he has to stop giving him a third..I dont know if he will resume once disabilty starts coming in...And finacially, he does OOPPS DID OK...

• kkny
    14 years ago

I am still confused, mom has control of the account, no court ordered college. So what is this account? Part of seperation of maritial property?

• dotz_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

SSs name, with BM listed as custdian.Not marital property. Other SS had same account, just as large, he left over homeless bum coming into the home and fought bitterly to get her to turn his acct over to him, she did...DH WAS court ordered to pay his college in decree, so older SS got to keep the whole shebang...Oh this is the SS who no longer speaks to DH because DH wouldnt pay for half his wedding(even tho he had this money, a great job, a working fiance and her wealthy father who paid for half wedding supposedly, I believe he paid for the WHOLE wedding, as this was his only daughter) DH ONLY gave him around 5,000.00,as he had no check for the previous 7 months, apparently this fact was of NO concern to SS....

• silversword
    14 years ago

Dotz, I think what KK is getting at is why did you have to talk to an atty about stopping payments if not court ordered to begin with.

• dotz_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am posting a confused mess of a story here Silver, BM is a right fighter. Example. She once spent 800.00 on her atty to get 400.00 from DH and have him held in contempt. Judge never signed an order garnishing an extra ten dollars a week out of DHs check, piled up for a few months he wasnt aware of it until contempt order.Have been to court about 15 times, we actually check the docket weekly to see if we re on it..So, since DH made an oral promise to pay one third of college (to son), we feel she will drag him to court and fight to get it if he stops paying, which he will have to now . I really dont know where law will go with this, but correct no order, unless she can get one on the oral promise?

• silversword
    14 years ago

That makes sense Dotz. I don't think the oral promise will hold up in court, especially if he made it to the son rather than to the exwife.

Best of luck either way. It sounds like you've had a bumpy road with this one.

• kkny
    14 years ago

I am still confused. Dad promised to pay for college. Dad was court ordered to pay older SS. Dad now doesnt want to/is ill. I am still confused what this "college" account is all about. I suspect more than one side to this.

• kkny
    14 years ago

Dotz, let me ask, because this really doesnt make sense to me. Mom is custodian -- was this account established by maternal grandparents?

• dotz_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

try to make it clearer...Son 1 born, Mom and dad open account.For COLLEGE..Mom never worked, dad made all contributions, although I m sure gifts from family, both sides, were added into acct as the years went by(common, did for my DS too)Son 2 born, same type of acct set up for baby...Mom custodian because just easier for her to make deposits( I did this also for my DS)Divorced Son 1 Jr year high school, Judge orders college for Son1, my understanding is college will not be ordered for grammar school aged child until high school, to see if ability, interest is there.Another appearance in court to get order of mod...NOW, WHY DH atty did not say Hold the phone, why am I ordered to pay college when its already in the bank?Knowing DH, he agreed because he felt he just wanted to get divorce over, he wanted to feel he was doing something over and above out of guilt for not being there to raise them, or a really bad lawyer? I know BM wanted (wants ) to get every last nickle out of him, especially since I came along a few years later..Oldest has actually said to my face, mom says you are going to take all of OUR money and not letus come to dads funeral!!!!! This was a very healthy(as far as I knew) man in his forties...Its was(IS ) chilling.....

• silversword
    14 years ago

can't squeeze blood from a stone...

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH