SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Shaking my head

lovehadley
13 years ago

DH has been trying hard to keep BM from using SS as pathway excuse to get on the phone with him.

Thanks for all your suggestions---DH did the "stepping into another rooom after taking the phone from SS, hanging up and turning off the ringer thing the other night."

BM sent a couple pissy texts but seemed to get the hint.

Until this morning. She called to talk to SS and then a few minutes later, "Daaaad! Mom has an emergency, she needs to talk to you."

Good grief.

DH took the phone and was very short.

"Yeah?"

"I don't remember."

"No I have no way of getting it. Bye."

I asked him later what it was about, and he said BM has a "toothache" (probably true, she seems to be prone to them, probably from smoking) and apparently last year he referred her to a dentist---the father of a business partner of his. (whom he no longer works with.)

Then he proceeds to tell me, "I wouldn't have given her the ## again, anyway, because last year she never paid her bill and I ended paying it."

Ladies--I about flew through the roof. Okay, I didn't. I bit my tongue HARD because my therapist maintains I need to SIT with things and not make a bad sitation worse until I get myself in a good place.

But GEEEEZ. DH (which means WE) paid BM's dentist bill?????? FOR REAL?

Come on. I am so mad!

Just had to vent!

Comments (14)