SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mister_h

Is this a normal behavior for 10-year old girl?

mister_h
21 years ago

I got remarried two and half years ago and we are living with a 10 year old stepdaughter who is from my current wife's previous marriage. Just 3 of us. What bothers me is that (I think) my SD ignores me. When she has questions, like school work related, she always asks her mom only and never asks me even if I'm standing right front of her nose. Even the questions that men know better, she doesn't ask me. No, she's not shy at all. For instances, she does often ask me things like 'can we eat out tonight? can you get me a cell phone? (which I'm currently arguing with my wife - I say No and she says Yes) etc.'. She also gives her mom a real big kiss and hug, and calls her with a loud voice in front of me. It seems so exagerating and unnatural to me. When we go shopping or go out on a walk together, she always holds her mom's her hands tight and clings to her (and I feel like a stranger). Her behavior just bothers me but can't really complain to anyone. Why do you think she's doing what she's doing?

Comments (24)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor