SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imamommy

The crazy BM's in my life (updates)

imamommy
13 years ago

Wow... Just when I thought it couldn't get ANY crazier... poof, I'm proven WRONG!!! Again!

First, there is DIL. She finally consented to the guardianship & I now have permanent guardianship of DGS. She will get unsupervised overnight visits upon completion of a parenting class. (I won't hold my breath... but she may surprise me!)

But, I'm confused. She comes into court with her attorney & parents... saying she wants unsupervised time & agreeing to a parenting class. That night, I get a call from her grandfather that lives two hours away, telling me he is offering her a place to live while she goes back to college. He seemed well meaning but naive about her, but he did say he knows she's manipulative... so maybe he's not so naive. But, he has more hopes than I can muster that she will stay clean long enough to go to Jr. College. It's more than her "parents" are willing to do for her. I also found out that her family tree is more broken than I already knew about. Makes me feel bad for her, but it doesn't change that she has mental problems that she needs to address. She told my dad last night that when my son comes back & takes DGS to the other side of the country, she will be moving with her grandparents to go to school. As much as I would not like (me or my son) to be embroiled in a dispute with her, it is heartbreaking that she is so easily willing to let DGS go back east & she knows she won't be able to see him much if at all. Her grandfather suggested that the baby stay with me so she will be able to see him more often, but that would mean my son would have to agree or I would have to fight my son. I'm only willing to do that if I don't think he can handle DGS on his own. He will be back in the States before Christmas.

As for SD's BM, she took DH aside last night & asked him if he can have a talk with SD. It seems SD is being disrespectful toward BM & her BF. Thankfully I wasn't there.. I would not have been able to not laugh. What does she expect? She abandons her daughter, flaunts her new boyfriend in her face, flaunts her boyfriend's kids & their activities in her face, won't spend time with her, has encouraged her to destroy her relationship with me, makes her feel guilty for having any fun here, had a new baby & then uses him as an excuse to not spend time with SD... won't come to school stuff or doctor visits.. and she is now mad because SD doesn't "RESPECT" her and her boyfriend??? BM tells DH that SD just gets on her nerves & she just can't take it anymore. She flat out told us that she doesn't care if SD gets held back in school... do what we want. Now, I like not having to battle her for once, but just like DIL, could she care any less about her child?

Just sad for the kids.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES