SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
foolishagain

My boyfriend and his baggage

FoolishAgain
10 years ago

First understand we are both divorced, I am 40 he is 52. He's been divorced for 3 years we been dating off and on for two years. I say off and on because he was struggling with dating and still cleaning up his baggage. The last time we were off and before being on again, I told him to call when he got everything taking care of because I am far too simple to deal with the back and forth from him. Simply put I love him and want him to be happy, and hopefully its with me.

I am writing this post for feedback, because I simply just don't understand it. They have a divorce decree the clearly states they have to sell the land they own, pay off the house they own (which she gets to keep with everything in it), and split the profit. She has denied any offer to buy the land, it's been 3 years of this with her, and I told him it's her only way of holding on to him. (He claims no she just wants more money for it.) I said you either need to just sell it and file contempt charges if she refuses to sign the paper to close the deal or stop paying. Of course he doesn't want to destroy his credit. I know if I walk away this time, its for good. I am not sure if I am being impatient or not understanding enough. But this is the problem...the holidays are coming and he is limiting introducing me to his family because he doesn't want her to find out and have it cause even more friction with selling the property. I know I should not have gotten involved again but I thought their stuff was settled.

This post was edited by FoolishAgain on Thu, Oct 24, 13 at 16:48

Comments (6)