SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashbyee_gw

I think he really doesn't like my sons

ashbyee
10 years ago

I have been remarried for five years. My husband has four children and I have three. From the get go things have been so very stressful. I kept thinking that time would help us blend and that my husband would come to love my children.

He never made me or my kids a priority- as he was constantly running his four in a million directions. I completely get that- as his stellar parenting of his four kids is what attracted me to him in the first place. I just thought - well he is busy and once we all live together it will get better. MISTAKE.
He has never really liked my boys. They can walk right up to him and ask him a question and he will look at them and walk away. He does at least say hello- now- as I have threaten to leave if he doesn't start. But, truly- it feels forced and fake and so contrived and for show. My nanny says when I am not there he doesn't speak to them.

Last October *(&^ hit the fan one night. I was asleep and he came into our room and woke me and asked me if I wanted him to move out. I was like what are you talking about?!?!? Apparently, my husband had been waiting in the hallway in the dark while one of my boys got up to go the bathroom. This kid has a very hard time sleeping and always has to go to the bathroom at night. Well when my son came down the hallway my husband tripped him and scared him!!!! My son freaked out (he is 12) and told my husband he couldn't wait to move out etc. Now, my husband is a very smart man- he is an attorney and can talk anybody out of anything. My child told me what happened the next day- but he said he was ok with everything and that "it didn't need to be discussed ever again"- strange words coming from a kid

My husband will fix lunch for his kids and not mine. He will come and get his kids for lunch in the summer- from our home and not invite mine. He will acknowledge their presence now- but because I have threaten to leave.

This doesn't feel right. My kids are the most important thing in my life. Has anyone else had something like this happen? I am ready to leave.

This post was edited by ashbyee on Sun, Oct 27, 13 at 15:02

Comments (5)