SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mas1724

At wits end with Step Daughter

mas1724
15 years ago

I have a 9 year old step daughter. My husband and I also have a 4year old daughter and a 1 year old son together. My husband and I are at our wits end when it comes to dealing with my step daughter. She has been tested and has ADHD and is on medication for it. The one thing that we are really having a problem with is her mouth. She is completely rude! We both talk to her about it but her response is "people need to change for me, I do not need to change for them". Her and I really but heads a lot and I do not know how to fix this. My husband and his ex have been divorced since she was 2.5. I have been in the picture since she was about 3. As she has gotten older she has gotten worse with the attitude and mouth. Her mother recently got married. I have asked my SD if she treats her Step dad as bad as she treats me and she will tell you no. She also calls him Dad and me by my name. Honestly this does not bother me cuz I am not her mother, just kind of a slap in the face. She thinks the world should revolve around her. She complains that she is the only one that gets put in time out and the only one that gets yelled at. I am harder on my own children then I am on her. I dont know how to deal with her attitude and mouth. Plus to be very honest, I do not trust her. She will convince my children into doing things they are not supposed to and then they get into trouble. Last summer she tried to talk my daughter into eating rabbit pellets telling her they were berries. I have told my husband that if something doesnÂt change soon, we will be bailing her out of jail when she is 15. The big problem is, she does not live with us and if you ask anyone about her they say that her problems are cuz of her ADHD. I do not believe this; I think it is lack of discipline at home. How can you fix the problem when you only have her part time?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor