SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nantom_gw

disrespectful step kids

nantom
14 years ago

I have been married for a little over a year to a very good man. He has two boys, one 22 and the other 19. I have a daughter 15. The problem is the boys, the 19 year old sleeps all day and stays on the computer all night, he get very angry if his dad mentions him going to work. The 22 year old works but only part time, he to stay up all night and sleeps all day. A few days ago, my husband was working in the yard and ask the 19 year old to help him, the boy went off the deep end, he began yelling that he hadn't been up long and he hadn't eaten and that there was nothing he like to eat in the house, that all his dad cared about was his new wife and my daughter. He was cursing and screaming, telling his dad that he didn't care about him,that he was mistreating him and his brother and had forgotten his 2 kids for his new family. His brother came in around 2 AM when my husband was going out to work and he said the same things, and said he was moving out the next day and his brother was going to live with their mother, (who hasn't wanted them since the youngest one was 13). They are still here giving everyone the silent treatment or smart answers when ask anything. Now understand that my husband and I both work, and he works 2 jobs, so we can support our family, make the house payments, bills and we spend between $150 to $200 a week at the grocrey store, plus buying cartons of soda,(they drink a 12+ a day). They do nothing to contribute to the house, we even pay the older boys car insurance because he won't and the car is in my husbands name. I don't want this to come between my husband and I, but I am worried its going too. What can I do?

Comments (3)