SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doodleboo_gw

What is your opinion on last names and divorce?

doodleboo
15 years ago

This topic came up in another thread and I didn't want to highjack so heres my experience with the last name drama.

Jonathan's Ex kept his last name with the excuse that she didn't want her last name to be different than her kids. OK. Fine. I'm married to him now not her so that doesn't bother me. It drives Jonathan INSAINE however for one very specific reason. He doesn't want her to ger pregnant again and then her wind up with another kid that isn't his but has his last name. He thinks people will assume he is still seeing her and they have had another child and that really bugs him. I don't necessarily want her naming other children not related to us after our family name either. Afterall she is NO LONGER A P___________. She divorced out of this family.

As far as not wanting to have a different name than the girls...that semi-baffles me as well. It seems she would be more interested in being involved than keeping the names the same. Her priorities are a little un-balanced there IMHO.

I understand that some people just don't want to go through to red tape of changing their names back over but it really can get complicated when the ex-wife starts having other kids and the man remarries and THEY start having kids and what not.

Comments (93)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths