SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

How to get rid of annoying ex-friend?

mom2emall
14 years ago

So my sd knew this girl when she was little and a few years back we ran into the girl and her mom at a park. My sd and the girl exchanged #'s and started playing together a lot. When we moved about an hour away from there they kept in contact and would have sleepovers. The girl was always bossy and my sd grew tired of it and did not want to be friends with the girl anymore. She told the girl she was too bossy and the girl cried and then soon after she was back to being bossy.

The girl has an awful family life (moms an alcoholic, dad is a deadbeat, she was raised by grandparents and one of them died). So I felt bad for her and we tried to keep her around. But it got to the point of ridiculous. SD started avoiding her calls and when they did talk she refused to make plans and made up excuses. Last time they hung out was almost a year ago. SD has been avoiding her calls for about 6 months! The girl does not give up. Yesterday we got woken at 8am with calls. This morning the calls started at 9am. She will call our house and then my cell and then our house!!!

We thought if we never responded she would give up! How do we get this girl to stop calling without saying anything mean? My sd does not want to tell the girl she just does not want to be friends. But if she does not then the girl will keep up this mad calling spree!!

Comments (7)