SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavernemaynard7

Rude stepdaughter

laVerneMaynard7
11 years ago

I have been married for 12 years to a man whose wife left him after a 30 year marriage. His adult daughter has been rude to me the entire time. I babysat for her baby for about a year, and never once did she say thank you. She, her husband and child come to supper weekly. Never one time has she said thank you, offered to help wash dishes or clear the table, or brought anything. Many many times they call after they should have been here to say they aren't coming. They have even asked to bring people along , I said yes, and then they just don't show up knowing I have cooked a big meal. She has not invited us to her home for a meal. Even if they come to dine on her father's birthday, she does not bring a card or even acknowledge it is his birthday. I always make a cake for her birthday, and for her husband and child too. Now she has another child ( the other is 7 years old) and when I said I won't babysit, she told her father then he can't see the 7 year old. I told my husband I will not be blackmailed! She constantly makes rude comments to me; I am very tired of her rudeness-- I have ALWAYS been polite. She is so vindictive, if I tell her she is out of line, my husband will be deprived of his grandchildren. I am quite weary of the situation. Any help out there?

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Custom Residential Homes & Full Service Renovations