SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

I'm in a bad mood! VENTING

lovehadley
14 years ago

So I was already not in the best mood yesterday. Now I am PMSing. AND SS arrives at our house after school with hand, foot & mouth disease. Actually, it started as him just not feeling well and being irritable. Then after dinner, he complained of feeling shiver-y and cold. So DH took his temp and it was 101. Then later he started saying his throat hurt. :(

DH talked to BM and she said "oh yeah, baby sister has hand, foot & mouth." GREAT.

SS woke up this morning with blisters on his hands. UGH. He feels crappy and I feel bad for him.

DH is at work, DD is at school and here we are.

The problem is---someone said it--being a step-parent is often like being a parent without the benefits. This is certainly true today. SS is (understandably) irritable because he's not feeling well. I tried to put a movie on in his room for him and he didn't want that. I offered to set him up on the family room couch w/blankies, a drink and a movie---nope, didn't want that, either. He came out to the kitchen for a drink, I got him one, and asked him if I could get him anything....he said "leave me alone" and slammed his bedroom door.

SIGH.

It is so tough. I know he's sick, doesn't feel well...I am trying to not take it personally...but it doesn't make it any easier for me to feel my already complicated feelings. All I keep thinking to myself is that when DD is sick all she wants to do is snuggle with me.

I have GOT to stop comparing because it just sends me into an emotional tailspin!

And I feel for DH, too, because he wanted to be with SS today---but he's got 4 customers picking up cars today and he really needs to be at work. I don't blame him for that.

It is all just annoying---so I am in a bad mood!

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH