SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yabberu

the reluctance

yabber
14 years ago

Why is it so hard for FDH to discipline his kids? I sit here all annoyed and I wonder :-(

They are not difficult kids, but some things need to be taught, they will not start doing it on their own accord unless somebody points it out. Come on!! FDH (like so many) chooses to not notice anything, but I do and I feel annoyed.

It's the little things, SD13 still doesn't eat with her mouth closed so we all enjoy her eating her snack. And after there's a drink, which both skids slurp, followed by a loud burp. Lovely. SD11 picks her toenails while SD13 works on her thumb nails, tomorrow morning I'll find the leftovers on the couch, hmmm.

I just don't understand the reluctance for FDH to parent the kids. It's not as if he needs to get angry which would spoil the mood, just ask them to eat with their mouth closed/not slurp. It's not that hard!

FDH doesn't think it's important enough to make a fuss over, these skids have much bigger problems to deal with. I find it a lame excuse for not parenting them, because as I said; it doens't need to be a big deal, just steer them in the right direction, it won't ruin the night, they will not hate him forever and ever...

FDH just doesn't want to do it because he worries the skids won't like it here anymore if they have to do all these hard things like 'eat with your mouth closed' or 'turn the tv off after they are done watching it'..

What is it with these men?? What are they setting themselves up for?

Comments (7)