SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
incognitomom_gw

Tired of it.....

incognitomom
13 years ago

Favoritism. I am sick of it! My younger sd favors my ss over everyone and is downright hurtful about it. Case at hand: sd is in a sport through the park district. The park district has these "fun nights" where kids in the activities can come have open gym time and they have different things to do in different parts of the park district. We did not know that kids in these activities can bring friends not in the activities to the fun nights.

Anyways last week dh and I both had to work and had a relative watch the kids and bring sd to fun night. As my relative was dropping sd off one of ds's friends came up to the car and asked if he was staying. DS told him he was not in any activities there and his friend told him that he could go with him. My relative asked one of the chaperones if it was correct and they said yes. So my relative asked sd if she had enough $ for both of them to get in because my relative had no cash on her. SD had a $20 from me and it was only $7 to get in so she had plenty. She then told my relative that she didn't want to pay for ds to get in because she wanted money for snacks and wanted to hang out with her friends with him not around. (She would have still had snack $ and the park district is huge!). My relative didn't force it and ds didn't get to stay.

I am livid!!! This was money I gave her and I find it so selfish.

But then, the same weekend, she had some of her own money and bought ss some game card from Walmart for this online game he likes to play because he was crying about his membership being over and DH and I told him that he would have to wait till a holiday to ask for it is a gift. We were not buying it for no reason. He has other things he can play with at home.

It bothers me because I know she can be kind, but she choses who she can be kind to! Older sd wanted to borrow some tank top of younger sd's that looked good with a shirt she had and younger sd said nope. But ss wanted to borrow a ds game and sd had no problem with it.

We have talked to her about how much she hurts sd and ds when she behaves this way. Then she will pout and act like she feels bad, but it continues.

I feel like she should be punished for not giving ds part of the money I gave her so he could get into the fun night. I told her that this thing through school that all the kids are going to this weekend is off limits to her unless she can pay her own way. Told her I will pay for ss and ds to go, but not her after her selfishness. I know she has $5 left and that is exactly what it costs to get in....so she can go if she choses pays her own way. DH thinks I am being too hard on her. He always excuses her poor behavior because she has such a hard time dealing with bm's absence. What do you think?

Comments (7)