SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mattie_gt

I'm feeling discouraged and fed up

mattie_gt
13 years ago

I'm really feeling discouraged today. It was another morning of SS trying everything he could to miss the bus and either not go to school or have me drive him (I'm not sure which he wants because it's not going to happen). I feel like we're running around trying to patch him up and as soon as we start to make progress, it's back to BM's so that it can all be undone again.

I think I mentioned the kittens before - she never gets pets fixed so (surprise, surprise) the female ones tend to get pregnant. Several weeks ago the cat had a litter of kittens, whereupon she then tried to convince SS to take one home, and disparaged DH (to SS) as being out to get her for refusing to do so. Well, the kittens all "mysteriously" died (it's purely coincidental that it was right about the same time that they'd start needing solid cat food, I am sure). DH and I are disgusted, not just at the death of the kittens, but at the fact that SS was even told about it. He's eight years old; tell him that they were all given away! I appreciate honesty as much as the next person, but it's difficult to believe that much truth was involved in the part about perfectly healthy kittens suddenly and mysteriously all dying overnight.

DH and I had been talking about trips we'd like to take, and one of them involved a vacation to a famous historical location in a non-third world, developed country. Apparently this past weekend SS mentioned that to BM, who told him that it wasn't safe, that they put people in jail for no reason for breaking stupid laws there, and that the only way he was ever going to go was if she went with him. (I'm unclear on how exactly that would help anyway since she couldn't help keep her BF out of jail for breaking the "stupid" laws in our own country....)

Which brings us to yesterday, when we got a postcard reminding us to vote. SS asked what it was, I told him, and he said "Oh, is that so you can vote to make it illegal to kill babies?" After I picked my jaw up off the floor, I asked him for more info and he explained that his GM (BM's mother) had told him that that is what one should do on election day. Just to irk me further this is the same woman who emailed DH and told him that he should drop the CS because it was so unfair and mean to BM, and (of course) I should pay to raise SS (while BM retains visiting rights and her title, natch.) I was not amused - of course everyone has the right to their own opinion regarding abortions, but he's eight. And of course DH and I cannot (will not) explain.

I'm so tired of biting my tongue and acting like these comments or behaviors are not completely inappropriate. I'm so sick of this just going on, and on, and on..... Is this ever going to get better? It's no wonder SS acts up for a few days when he comes back! What is wrong with these people?!

Comments (8)