SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Good enough to buy cupcakes!

lovehadley
14 years ago

BM called DH at about 1 pm yesterday.

Apparently, she had signed up to bring 20 cupcakes for SS's Halloween party at school but "forgot about it" until the room mom called and reminded her. And of course---she fails to mention this to DH until an hour before the party.

She told DH she had NO MONEY and there was no way she could get the cupcakes and could he get them to school by 2:20??

DH said there was no way, he was at work (about 20 mins in the opposite direction) and that he'd been planning on getting to school for the parade/party, but didn't think he'd have time to stop and get cupcakes.

So of course--she asked him if I could get them!

HAHAHAHAHA. I love it. She has SUCH nerve.

I'm not "allowed" to do anything with SS that would promote me bonding with him, or us having a good relationship---but darn it all, if I'm saving BM's skin, I can sure do it! I don't even really care-if it were a notmal situation and things were generally pleasant, no problem. But she is just so god-awful with me, and makes it crystal clear to DH that she is threatened by me...but it's all good if I am helping her out!

DH relayed this to me and told me not to worry about it, that BM could and should figure it out herself.

I happened to be out and about anyway, so it wasn't a problem getting them. I just knew that if I didn't---SS wouldn't have any cupcakes at his party, and I didn't have the heart for that. (Truth be told---DH would have probably gotten them if I hadn't.)

I just told DH that I refused to take them up to the schoool and run into BM--so I left them at home and DH swung by the house on the way to school, as we only live a few blocks away, and grabbed them.

But here is the amusing part. So I guess the room mom had called BM yesterday morning to remind her about the cupcakes and BM told DH she was "b*tchy*" to her when BM said she couldn't. (and obviously so! When parents volunteer to bring things....they should bring them!) But of course---BM did not tell HER that it was b/c she didn't have any money. No, she told this room mother that it was because she was "pregnant and didn't want to be schlepping around in the rain."

So--DH said he about fell over laughing---b/c mind you, BM is only about 8-10 wks preggo and not even really showing. The room mom came over to BM at the party and said something along the lines of "oh, it's you...somehow from the way you were talking about not being able to go to the store, I had pictured some woman 9 months pregnant with a huge belly."

HAHAHAHAHAHA. DH said BM was really squirming around at that one!

She is just too much.

Had to get that out!

Comments (23)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio