SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
irishgirl2769

I'm afraid to leave my husband with his daughter!

irishgirl2769
11 years ago

I know what it sounds like, but its not the case in this matter. My 26 year old stepdaughter who has a history of mental illness, moved into our home a two weeks after we have been married and it's been hell. My stepdaughter has depression and anxiety issues of being on her own. She lived with her mom, well her mom told her it was time for her to start looking for a place of her own. My SD threaten to commit suicide and ended up in a mental hospital. Now because my husband and his ex don't talk. The daughter told her father that her mother was abusive to her. Well we both agreed to have her move in with us. After the fact I find out she likes to play games. She wants everything given to her for free. She works but she don't want any bills of her own. She wants to live rent free, bill free. Ok so I did a not very smart move has a parent I went through her room and I ran across her journal. So I read it and the pages are dated. My husband lost is father a year ago around xmas time. So two weeks after the death of her grandfather. I read and I quote I wish my father would go to heaven so I wouldn't have deal with him anymore. Now I have her living in my home. My husband is a type 1 diabetic and has major sugar lows. I have given him shots to bring him around and have called 911 several times. I always worry that I wont get to him in time because his sugar drops fast sometimes without warning. I'm afraid now to leave because if his sugar drops, will she just leave him or will she do the right thing. With mental illness and her thoughts on her father and her being money hungry. I just don't know. I can't tell my husband it will break his heart. What do I do?

Comments (5)