SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karen10125

Holiday Trip to Avoid Stepchildren Issues?

Karen10125
10 years ago

Every year it's drama with the adult stepchildren. My stepchildren can't find time for their dad, my husband, They put everyone else first, not just their mom, but grandparents, in-laws, friends, friends' parents, it's ridiculous. He's extremely cooperative and even then it doesn't matter. Last year, it was January 3rd before they had time to visit with him. They live within 15 min. of us. Maybe he's being too cooperative. In the end his feelings are hurt and then I'm angry. A couple years ago we said that we'd be happy if they could come to dinner on Dec 23rd since they're always busy with everyone else on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. They ended up cancelling on us because a friend of a friend's aunt was having a party that evening, I'm not kidding. I used to love the holiday season and looked forward to family get togethers, but now here it is mid October and I find myself already dreading what's in store. Has anyone just decided to leave town for the holidays to avoid all this kind of turmoil? I'm thinking that may be the only solution.

Comments (12)