SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Updating some good news

lovehadley
14 years ago

It's 3 AM and I am wide awake! I had an outpatient laparoscopy yesterday---the best news is I do NOT have tubal blockage like my old RE thought!

I had moderate endometriosis!!!! He was able to remove it all! I am so excited--DH and I should be able to conceive on our own now!

Anyway, I went to bed at 7 pm last night but now I am wide awake! LOL.

GREAT news regarding SS, too. On Wed. after school he mentioned to me that parents can come in and read w/their kids on Friday mornings at the beginning of the school day. I said "oh, that is really cool" and he asked me if I could do it! I about fell out of my chair!!!!

I said of course I would love to do it! He has NEVER asked me to do anything of the sort, and I've never done anything regarding his school b/c BM flips her wig everytime. Once I dropped off his coat in the school office and she went apesh*t over that. She did the same one time I dropped off a check for his lunch card at his old school. It's some kind of territorial thing, like I am "not allowed" to show my presence regarding SS.

WHATEVER. I've never gone on field trips, signed up for room mom, or any other BIG thing that I know would upset her. I don't take to treats to school on his bday, etc. Those are "mom" things and I completly 100% respect that.

BUT I do all those things and more for DD and I am sure SS picks up on that.

Anyway, I figured this reading this is not a big deal since they do it 2 Fridays a month. So it's not like BM couldn't come in and do it herself one morning...

I'm sure she will flip if she finds out but you know? I don't care anymore. I still will NEVER step on her mom toes in regards to anything that is "her" turf---like room mom, parent/teacher conferences, etc.

Anyway, I told SS I would love to do it, and then Thurs. he came home with a flyer about it and he ran and showed it to me and said "you are coming, right?!" AW. I cannot tell you how touched I am that he asked me! DH was beaming. Neither of us have any idea what prompted it, but it's awesome.

So from 8:30-9:00 yesterday AM, I was in SS's classroom, and he read me some books, and then showed me around his classroom, his desk, etc. It was very cute. There were about 3-4 other parents there and it was all just very informal---get books, get comfy and READ. The kids that didn't have parents there were at their own desks reading or some were actually sitting on the rug w/us.

Two pieces of fab news I had to share!

Comments (18)