SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
incognitomom_gw

Need to vent......

incognitomom
12 years ago

I think I mentioned that flakey bm left state again. She called the day before and tried to skip town and leave me and dh to tell the kids so she wouldn't have to. WE didn't let her off the hook that easy and she had to tell them. Of course she threw in a sob story about leaving her boyfriend, bla bla bla.

Now we are a few months later and she never left the boyfriend....he moved out of state with her and currently lives at her parents home with her and her other kids. I am not surprised....but one of my sd's took it pretty hard because as always she ate up all bm's lies and wanted to believe them till she was slapped in the face with the truth.

We have had problems with her in the past when her bm pulled this type of stuff(she is 15 now). She would do really well when bm was out of the picture for long periods, but then would act up when bm reappeared or first disappeared.

So now we are at the acting up because bm disappeared again phase and I am ready to pull my hair out!!! I am getting nothing but attitude from her...anytime I say anything she does not respond till I say it a second time or dh says it. When I ask her to do something she takes her sweet time going to do it (she will sit and continue whatever she is doing till I have to tell her again what to do). She is lying about stupid things.

For instance she got a new eyeliner pencil that just does not work right. Her eyeliner is going on REALLY dark and thick. Looks really trashy. So I told her to stop using it because it was not working well and looked bad and I would buy her a new one in the next few days. The next day she gets home from school and has the dark thick eyeliner on again. I look at her and ask why she is wearing eyeliner again when I told her not to. She then tells me she did not put any on. (Do I really look that stupid??). IT turned into a few minute debate of me saying I can see it and her denying it is on! Finally she just says that she did and thought I would not notice! In the big picture the eyeliner is not the big problem...the lying is.

I am just so sick of this. I HATE bm for causing this. I know some of it is typical teenage girl stuff...but it has amplified to a horrible place and I am trying really hard to stay calm. Dh has been talking to her about her behavior and even grounding her for the behavior and it just seems to make it worse. Ugghh! I am at my witts end.

Comment (1)