SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
incognitomom_gw

Hurt feelings.....

incognitomom
12 years ago

Ds13 really hurt my feelings tonight. He was in trouble for being disprespectful. His punishment was that his later bedtime was revoked and he had to go to bed an hour earlier. Before bed he came to me and apologized for being disrespectful but then proceeded to make excuses for it. I thanked him for the apology, but told him that if he means it then instead of making excuses he will work on not being rude or disrespectful in the future. So he started in telling me how "stressed" he is because of school, etc.

Then he goes into telling me how his dad is his best friend in the whole world and the only person besides his friends he enjoys being around. He tells me how his dads house is so calm because he gets to just chill all the time there. I ask him what he thinks he is doing each night when he is playing video games, watching movies with me, or playing games with me each night before bed?? EVERY night before the kids head to bed I play games with them that they enjoy!

So ds just tells me how wonderful his dad is. bla bla bla

I am so hurt right now!!! His dad is not stable and moves a lot and always lives with people. For the past few years he takes him overnight maybe once a month. Other times he will just take him for a day. Of course its fun time!! Its a weekend.....no school, homework, chores, sports practice, etc. On days he is at home and we have nothing going on its chill and he gets to relax. But during the weekdays its just a little hectic. Thats life. But he equates it with me and its somehow my fault?

I know its a teenage perspective and I should take it with a grain of salt.....but it hurts. I am the one who has ALWAYS been there for him and does all I can for him. I have made sacrifices for him while his dad has always been free to live his life as he wants. And somehow his dad comes out as the good guy :(

Comments (7)