SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

Never surprised by stupid things she says

mom2emall
13 years ago

BM calls today after the kids talked to their grandparents. Was sd's b-day today. Not even 20 min after talking to the grandparents bm calls sd to wish her a happy bday and talk about homecoming dance. Then bm asks to talk to me and tells me she has no idea what to get sd for her bday and wants to take her shopping.....then says is she busy today?

Ummmm....its her bday....of COURSE she is busy! DUH! But I just said yes she is busy politely. BM says she would have called in advance but she did not know if her bf was going to be off work. (I guess sd getting a bday present can only happen if bf is off work? lol impossible to get together before sd's bday to get a present I guess??) Then I tell bm that on Tues afterschool sd does not have any activities and bm can take her shopping then if she wants to. Then she tells me it has to be a weekend day because she wants to have a party for sd too so sd does not feel gyped out of a bday party! I was thinking bm has not even acknowledged sd's bday with so much as a phone call some years! She has not had any kind of party to celebrate and of the kids bdays since her and dh were married! But whatever I did not even argue with the charade of bm pretending she is a good mom. And BM already knows that sd had a party with her friends last weekend and I told her we were having family over today.

So I give her the kids schedule of events for the next few weekends. Most days at least one of my skids has something going on with activities and/or friends. BM wants all 3 of them at the same time for this big party she wants to have. So we settle on a Sunday that is open. Will be interesting to see if bm loses interest in this big party idea by then! And I find it wierd that she can't take sd shopping on a weekday afterschool. Whatever!

Then bm goes on and on about their new house (a rental) and their new dog. Bla bla bla. I think to myself this lady is on state aid...and committing fraud to get more money by claiming my skids live with her and then she thinks she should buy a dog?? Correct me if I am wrong, but if you need the state to pay for your groceries, health insurance, etc. how can you afford dog food and vet visits??

I know this scenerio though. BM gets a place for her, bf, and their kids to live. She talks about how great it is. She gets all kinds of new things. She gets pets. Then a few months later they are moving again and no more pets. They always get in over their heads. DH says bm can't manage money or hold onto it. It burns holes in her pockets. I am assuming her bf is the same way.

But in the spirit of peace I just held my tongue and acted pleasant. After hanging up I just laughed in private with DH about all the nonsense. BM does not surprise us anymore, her stupidity has become predictable.

Comments (3)