SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imamommy

Deadbeat Mother vent

imamommy
14 years ago

I really wonder what would happen if SD lived with BM and she asked for child support and DH told DCSS that he really doesn't think he needs to pay it... after all, his wife works and can support him so why should he get a job?

I might be visiting him on Sundays behind plate glass!!!

Well, that is BM's attitude about supporting her daughter. I am not surprised. She's 37 and has never held a job for more than a few months. She has lived with either one of her parents or a man... until they get tired of supporting her & send her on her way... back home to her mother. She lives a pretty good life off the support (nearly $1200) she gets from her first kid's dad.. even though that kid was living with grandma the last two years. When she lived with her mom, she paid nothing... not even groceries. (that is according to her own words at deposition) Her big plan was to let her 70 year old mother support her while she went to nursing school (she's been a student for 11 years and said she still had over a year to go for an AA) and when she was raking in big bucks as a RN, she would take care of her mother through her mom's retirement. Of course, that plan went out the window three weeks later when she met her current BF. So, now she uses her support money for that household because BF is pressuring her to help out.. he's drowning and has either sold or had repossessed, anything of value that he got in his divorce settlement He cashed out and put his 401k into part ownership of a business that is struggling, maybe failing even in this economy.

But, doesn't THIS take the cake???

BM is ordered to pay $216 a month. That's NOT a lot of money... about $50 a week. I spend more than that for SD's swim lessons. But, if she paid it... it would be helpful. The support goes to DH. I've mentioned our financial arrangement in the past, he's paying off his premarital bills and contributes whatever is left to the household. Support money would increase his contribution or he could use it to fund things SD needs that I currently pay for, like school clothes & supplies. The lessons & extra's I pay for are a gift from me, we don't count on any contribution from BM for it. Just this month, since she is back in school, we have a bus fee of $195 and needed an instrument that I bought when BM refused to pitch in.. that was $217. Then there were school clothes and the cost of transporting her from BM's. We have that expense, but BM sends her mom to get SD for her so grandma bears an expense too. (I guarantee BM is not paying her a dime!)

All that is old news... so what's my vent about????

DH got a payment of $61.38 at the end of June. He got one payment in mid July (for two weeks, it was $122.76) and then the support stopped. DCSS won't do a thing until she's 3 months behind, which is quickly approaching. Well, today we got a notice that the payment they direct deposited to DH's bank account at the end of June was 'overpaid' because the person that sent it in did not fund it. My interpretation is that they got a check (from BM or her employer) and the check bounced or was stopped. In the meantime, DCSS issued the payment to DH. So, now they are telling him that he has to pay it back!!! He has been up in arms because they won't do anything for three months and now they want him to pay back the support THEY collected and he spent two months ago. He is worried they are going to reverse the July payments too because he doesn't have an extra $200 to pay it back. This is ridiculous!

I know there is nothing we can do and that's why it's so frustrating! I just needed to vent!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH