SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
justnotmartha

the straw that broke SD's back

justnotmartha
14 years ago

It's been two weeks since SD's big fight with her mom; where SD tried to pour out how BM has made her feel over the years but BM chose dinner with her new BF rather than addressing her daughter's feelings. SD has been there for 1.5 hours since, and now says she won't be going back any time soon.

So this weekend is the homecoming game/dance - first big to-do of high school. She's discussed it with BM several times. BM made a stink that we went dress shopping without her, though she never indicated she would like to go the several times SD discussed dresses with her (says SD) Anyway, we're having a little dinner thing before the dance for SD and a few friends/dates, and SD asked if she should invite her mom - especially since she was upset about the shopping. She was sure she'd want to come take some pictures. I said sure, so she called yesterday.

Not only had BM apparently forgotten about the dance, she's going to the coast this weekend with the BF. She was apparently very nonchalant about the whole thing, and then actually asked SD "so when are you going to come to my house to see me?" Sd ended the call quickly and was torn between laughing and crying. She couldn't get over that her mom a)forgot b)didn't seem to care and c)just wanted to know when SD would come to her and make it easy for her. She said "Once again, mom picks (BF's name) over me." DH replied softly, "no hon. She's picking herself over you. It's not BF's fault."

I think she really got that.

So the family is going to the big game tonight, and we'll have a great time with tomorrow's pre-dance party and slumber party after. Life will go on, but I think the straw has been broken, and at this point I don't even feel the need to try and repair it.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor