SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imamommy

After all these years.... still bugs me????

imamommy
13 years ago

I tried posting this yesterday but for some reason, it was deleted.

I've mentioned in the past that my son had a stepmother. She went out of her way to cause problems with me, tried to alienate my son from me (didn't work of course), even harassed my other kids at times. I believe she is a sociopath & very immature. There were at least three restraining orders in two counties that she regularly violated & the courts did nothing. Nevertheless, she had a relationship with my son & is the mother of my son's half brother. She is now divorced from his dad & my son has since told me he wants nothing to do with her, except to see his half brother. He cannot see his half brother through his dad because she refuses to let him see their son.

Anyways, yesterday I saw that she joined facebook & wrote the following on my son's wall.

"Hi SS. Yesterday was (your 1/2 brother's) 11th B day. Aunt D., M., T., R & R Send Thier Love. Grandma V Prays For You every Night You are still her King. Grandma has been in Hospital for 3 weeks already Hopefully when you come back to the states you can stop bye and see her. I copied you pic and the baby (DGS) she was so happy All her friends cant believe how your a man already they still remember you as the spoiled litle boy. Love you always. May God bless you and keep you safe Son."

Reading this just really irritated me. I mean, my son is almost 24 years old & can make up his own mind whether to have a relationship with her or not. I know the only reason it bugs me is because of all the things she said & did to ME as my son was growing up. He was born with a congenital heart defect, she would tell me how I wasn't a real woman & all I could produce was a defective child. As far as I know, she treated him well, but made no secret of her feelings toward me... especially to him. I believe that is why he tells me he wants nothing to do with her.

It has been over 12 years since I have seen or heard from her & I'd heard that after she divorced my son's father, she had another kid with someone else (his ex best friend actually) and moved away. She's been in & out of jail. She was supposedly into drugs & her kids had been in & out of foster care. A lot of that is based on what my son has told me, public court records & a few old friends that know her. Anyway, it kinda shocked me that after that many years, one simple 'seemingly innocent' message to my son could stir me up. It also annoyed me that she admits copying pictures... ones I took & posted of DGS for my son to see, but I guess that is the down side of posting pics on facebook... anyone can get them. I fought the urge to respond or write something (tell her what I think of her) and instead, I blocked her & made my FB private... but still wanted to vent a little about it here. I am actually kinda angry that she called him "son". At one point, she got in my face & told me that SHE is his mother, I am NOT. She told him from day 1 to call her "mama L", and that didn't bother me until the day she told me that I am not his mother, she is. I knew she wanted kids & had some trouble conceiving, and when she said that it made me think she was mental or delusional and really believed my son was HERS.

In a way, I wonder if she wrote it expecting me to see it & react. I won't give her THAT satisfaction. (I say that because of her statement that he's "still her King" and yet she has her own son that just turned 11. Why would MY son be her "king", which is a silly thing to tell a child anyways, let alone a 23+ year old man that has his own family & is deployed military. lol, now that I think about it like that, I hope none of the guys in his unit read his facebook page!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler