SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momof3_stepof1

IV D has made contact

momof3_stepof1
12 years ago

BM got a letter from the child support office. She called dh about it Friday morning. She asked when she was supposed to begin making payments, he told her January 1. She started whining about "why is Indiana doing this to me now....?" It said in the letter I guess that they are reporting her to the credit reporting agencies and that she has 20 days to respond. It also stated she owes $3700. My dh told her that she had always sent $224... or 4 weeks worth and that some months had 5 weeks. She says... "oh I never thought about that... " uh duh!! She was receiving support for 10 years and she never noticed that sometimes she got more? Again... blonde dye dipping into brain cells... or drug activity/alcohol eating those away? I don't know what else letter said... I'm guessing they mentioned tax intercept because if they are more then $500 behind they do that too. She was freaking out. DH totally got away with her believing it's the state though. HAHA!

After a few hours thinking about it I remembered that when we got the court order in the mail it had two errors in it. One of them being that her support payments were to begin January 1, 2010... instead of 2011. Her lawyer had put in for a correction to both errors and the other error was the only one fixed in the corrected order we received. So... the support office still believes she was to begin making payments January of 2010. I called dh and told him I thought that's what it was and that she truly only owed $700ish... as of last Friday. He let her know that but he's NOT calling the support office to fix it. (They are totally horribly hard to get ahold of on the phone).... He's letting her take care of that part. It should absolutely be her job to get that fixed, or her lawyers. We won't fight it but it's hers to fix. She said she'd send whatever she could. I'm having a hard time believing she sent anything.

Yesterday was ss birthday. She had originally promised him a mountain of fun things to do that day..... then it turned into just going to a festival. Well, none of that happened. They ended up just playing tag in the garage with a fog machine. Wooohooo! She told dh Friday that she was going to try to talk ss out of coming home early yesterday for his game.... which ss begged her to come watch him play. She took herself out of her golf thing but still didn't come watch the game... which ss still wanted to play. He was so bummed about his birthday we had to immedietly try to make it up to him. We took him out to Don Pablo's then shopping. He was happy with that.

This morning then ss says that his mom says she's taking him to Hawaii for spring break this year. It's NOT her year for taxes plus she's now married... so that HUGE return she got last year won't come this year..... she's ALWAYS making all these promises she CANNOT keep. It makes me soooooo mad... cause then ss goes to school and tells his friends... "my mom's gonna do this... or that"... then he looks like an idiot cause his mom lied. I told dh that January 1 rolls around we are marching straight into get our taxes done just incase she plans to file with him..... I'm not letting her take that from us. It'll be our first year EVER with him.

Comments (6)