SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newwife58

Handling SK's sporting events and functions

newwife58
14 years ago

At sporting events and school functions do you sit next to BM? When we arrive at baseball games or the like, DH and I sit seperately - SS8 and SS5 are free to go back and forth and visit BM when they arrive with us. I believe this is how it should be- each family has their space. BM however tries to sit next to us any way she can and if we do not sit next to her she makes a point to ask why not. This is outrageous to me- we are going through a bitter custody battle which involved her falsely accusing DH and I of punching, yes PUNCHING, the children. The boys are unfortunately all too aware that we do not get along. The only reason I can imagine that BM wants to be in our space is to make her snide passive aggressive comments and to exhibit any control over the children she can.

Am I right to think it's best for the kids for each family to maintain their space when forced to be at functions together? Of course it is necessary to be pleasant, but should BM actually be sitting right next to us? Should DH send an email to her asking her to give us our space? Otherwise she makes a scene out of trying to squeeze right next to us on bleachers or the like- it's very odd...

Comments (10)