SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
new2mn

A new step mom...Help..

new2mn
17 years ago

I have recently moved countries to live with my new husband.

He has two daughters from his first marriage and their ages are 15 & 17. We have been married for 6 months.

Just thinking of what I need to write down here makes me want to cry because if his daughters weren't involved, I would be loving it here.

I'll start at the begining - well sort of.

I met my husband online about 5 years ago, because I lived in another country it took quite some time for us to get the money together to get all the right forms & finally get me here to the USA. During those years I was often emailed or text message to call to the USA at 3am to talk to his daughters because they were going through some problems - and I did this with no problem because I knew that I would one day be there and would do this too. His eldest daughter has been a problem since the age of 13, getting into drinking, drugs, sex & illegal activities. His youngest daughter because of all the attention paid to his eldest has a major attitude problem ( this is my opinion for the attitude ).

When i arrived here tings were ok, there wasn't that many responsibilities for the girls at all - theyleft dishes every where, didn't care what their room looked like, dind't care where they left their items, so I discussed some of this with my husband, and we decided to put up a chore list - o man was this a big mistake - they rebelled completely towards this and it was a major issue for me to even get them to do some of the things ( i didn't load them with chores - dishes twice a week and pick up their clothes ) But this isn't my my problem the problem is this :

Eldest daughter is disrespectful at times a month ago she repeatedly punched me in the face because of a tv remote. She is violent towards the youngest daughter but wouldn't dare do any of this to her dad. The youngest daughter just wants the eldest daughter to leave the house so what she does to get the eldest in trouble is push her buttons continously call her a b*** H** fat ugly until the other one responds by getting into her face and saying that she was goign to beat her to a pulp. And then the youngest comes and complains to us what the other was doing.

The youngest has a major attitude problem so much so that I cn't stand her anymore. She deliberately pushes my buttons making snide comments, so I said to her the one time that if she didn't stop her attitude that one day she will do this to someone that will not take it and something with happen to her - so she went to my husband and told him that I threatened her! my gosh I couldn't believe what I was hearing, and then she turnsinto this sweet lil girl and tries to "suck" up, my husband doesn't take any of this because he knows her very well. This happens at least 4 times a week and its a constant battle. Her attitude is getting to me because where I come from kids give adults respect, and the constant talking back, moaning, whining is getting to me andif it wasn't for the love that I have for my husband i would go back to where I came from without a second thought because this is not the reason I moved here.

I started out with love for the girls, but now its resentment.

So if any of you have some tips for me on how to deal with this anything at all will help. I am at my wits end at the moment.

Thank you

new2mn

Comments (5)