SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dfwmom_gw

Not sure if DH thinks before he speaks

DFWmom
12 years ago

Maybe I'm over reacting...not sure. I was getting ready to go to the grocery store and DD15 asks if stepdad is going with me. Instead of letting me answer, DH answers for me (he does this often with gets under my skin). He says - YES I'M GOING. IS THAT OK? DO YOU NOT WANT TO GO WITH YOUR MOM NOW? THAT'S OK. I'LL STAY HERE THEN .

DH wasn't even in the same room as us, he just overheard. I just don't understand why he's hateful like this. When we were alone I asked him why he said that and of course he couldn't answer me.

Also bio dad was supposed to get the kids this weekend and he canceled by sending me a text at 5:45 in the afternoon...15 mins before he was to pick them up. DH sees the kid free weekend as a chance for us to have alone time which I totally understand. The problem is that he gets so upset about it and the kids see it. I don't want the kids to ever feel like they are not wanted but you can just tell that they get upset because he's going on and on about how we were supposed to be alone. About their dad canceling on them....they said that they don't even want to go over there anymore. They would rather be home with me even if we were to sit in the house all weekend doing nothing, they say it's better than going to dads house.

Thanks for letting me vent = (

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Innovative Inc. Painters
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Fairfax County North's Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers