Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A new issue..advice please

Posted by sweethrtttt (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 2, 09 at 15:00

My boyfriend has said that he would like us to get out pictures taken for Christmas this year..which I think is a great idea...my question is this..he has made no reference to his daughter...she lives in California and has still yet to come to see us at our home..she can never make it...anyways...do I include her in the pictures?? My heart is not in it..but I feel it is the right thing to do...I also feel like what the heck is wrong with me..that is his daughter and my heart should be in it..shouldnt it?? So do we do pics with my girls, myself and BF..do I wait for him to bring up his daughter..or do I bring up the subject of having his daughter take portraits with us...or leave it as just us without her??? And please..someone tell me how to feel better about this whole boyfriends daughter situation..I want to accept her, I want to have open arms and an open heart...I WANT to...but I just havent been able to...any suggestions please??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A new issue..advice please

Why borrow trouble where none may exist? What did husband say when he brought up the idea? If he did not give any details on what he had in mind, ask him.

Bring it up again, on how you think photos are a wonderful idea and what he has in mind. If he says "well all of us" (you two and all the kids), great, have everybody. Tell him he can invite the daughter and let you know when the time is coming up for her to show up so you can make an appointment.

When it comes to the actual photos, if his daughter does not come I'd do your girls together, your BF and you together, and one of all of you. If the daughter does come and actually show up for appointment, then you could do group shots also: your girls, his daughter, you and your girls, him and his daughter, everybody, ect.

That way you have photos to show with what family members of all the children you'd like to share, and additional ones for yourself and BF to display however you both please in your household.

Don't sweat the little stuff. His idea, let him tell you what he has in mind and chip in your own suggestions.

o

I don't see any issues, ask him when SD is planning on being here so you can make an appointment with all the kids. you can't just sit and wait and wonder, you have to ask.

o

Is there something in the male genes that they cant undertand details?

Its great you are thinking ahead.

My daughter is at school, and she told me to email picture of me, however I want, outside house, etc, to her, and she will "photoshop" it and add her to picture. I told her also please take at least 10 pounds off me. hahaha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here