SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dfwmom_gw

Is this really a big deal?

DFWmom
12 years ago

DD is involved in school functions every friday night. This weekend she will be at the football game till at least 11pm or so and then has to be back at the school at 7am because they have a competition they will be traveling to (about an hour away). It's also ex's weekend with the kids. DD has stated that she would rather bio dad pick her up after the contest on Saturday. She would like me to pick her up Friday night after the game (I'll be watching her perform anyway) and I will be responsible for dropping her off at 7am Saturday morning. I'm deemed the more responsible one anyway. If she relied on her dad, she'd end up being late, etc.

When I told DH that I would be taking care of the transportation Friday & Saturday, he flipped his lid. He said it should be our weekend alone, we shouldn't have to do this, etc. I told him I didn't see the big deal because I wanted to watch her perform anyways so I'm already there. What is the harm in having her ride home with us and dropping her off back at school in the morning??? Bio dad will pick her up later that night.

I guess after 8 years he just expects that when it's a kid free weekend, I'm not a mother anymore. It would be totally different if I had planned something and would not be available. During those pick up/drop off times I'll be at home ANYWAYS. My DD over heard the conversation and told me not to worry that she would call her dad and have him take care of it. I assured her that it's not an issue & to not worry. I'll be there for her.

Honestly I'm starting to feel like he will turn any situation into an opportunity to nag, b!tch, whine, or complain about something.

Comments (6)