SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silversword_gw

Silently SCREAMING!!

silversword
12 years ago

DD goes to Hebrew school 2x a week, that's her dad's religion...

It's expensive. Really expensive. AND, they have to have a member of the family ALSO be a member of the Temple, so we have to pay my membership too (even though I'm not, technically, Jewish and am only there for DD).

The cost for me is $800/year. When X failed to pay that along with tuition, they got a hold of me, and I emailed him and said, I'll split it with you.

He's disgruntled, says that's a lot of money, but ok.

FINE. Right?

It's not THAT big of a deal. Except I want to email him back and say:

1. I drive DD to Hebrew twice a week. That's 60 miles (30 RT x 2). Let's say 25mpg = $4 (gal) x 2 (RT) = $8 per week x 30 weeks = $240 in gas (which is a low estimate)

2. I buy snacks for her turn. I buy supplies for her turn.

3. I am two towns away from my hometown during her school, and it's for 2 hours, so that's two hours I'm NOT doing something else.

4. I attend the extra functions (time). We attend Temple (at least 2 hours a week). I engage socially with people with whom I have nothing in common and endure interrogations (it feels like) about my life, etc.

NOT to mention, but I also pay for her music equipment rentals for band, her Girl Scout activities (and all gas/time-selling cookies we do approx. 2 hours per day of walkabouts). I also pay for her dance lessons AND do the mandatory volunteering for that activity which is approx. one hour per week. AND pay for her dance shoes, and clothing (which is expensive and really hard to find as it's regional dancing costumes).

I don't mind. I don't even really care. It just irritates the pea-waddin' out of me that he can heave a big *virtual* sigh "it's expensive".

Yeah. And he already told me that Hebrew is coming out of her college fund. WHATEVER. So he's not even really paying out of pocket.

And then he has the GALL to complain that he's SO BUSY and works 80 hour weeks.

Well, DUDE. I don't know anything about 80 hour weeks.

I work 40 hours at my *real* job. Then I pick up YOUR kid from school, do at least an hour of agonizing homework, take her to tutoring (because you couldn't be bothered to have her do it over the summer so she came back with barely rudimentary math skills even though you PROMISED this year you'd get her tutoring you didn't even have her do the worksheets I sent with her and let her play video games all summer). (deep breath)

Then I SIT IN THE PARKING LOT for an hour while she's in tutoring. Then I drive her home, in rush hour, for MORE homework.

Every single day DD has an activity (educational) of two hours that requires at least 30 minutes of driving/preparation. That's at least 12 hours extra tacked onto my week. Not including the shopping for supplies, the time spent with homework, etc.

I get up at five, and I go to bed at 10p. So I'm putting in 18 hour days. And no, not ALL of that time is spent on DD, but a good portion is.

ARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not that I mind doing it. It's not that I mind the cost. It's not any of that. It's that HE THINKS HE'S BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF BY ME!! Somehow, he feels he got the short end of the stick.

Boo.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor