SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charris_gw

Biological father issues??

charris
14 years ago

I just recently got married, and the woman I married has a daughter who is 22 months. When I first meet her she was just 6 months, so I have been in her life for a wile, an have seen all her first of everything, and I love her as if she was my blood. But I've been having problems with her biological father. He has never wanted much from her, since she has been born he has seen her 4 mabey 5 times, so he really isn't around, he works for a contract company who goes over seas alot so he's never around anyways, well the other day he called my wife to check on hadlee an she didn't recgonize the number an didn't answer, so he left a real rude message, cussing her out saying she better answer the phone when he calls ect... Of course it really pissed me off, but I'm trying not to blow up over it, but I told her I did not want her to answer if he ever calls again, he has no right to talk to my wife like that! But I just don't know what to do about it all, I wish everyday we could take his rights away an I could adopt her, to me that makes since, because she has know idea who he is, she is already calling me daddy, but I just don't know. I'm afraid it will cause problems in our marrige, because she really can't just ignore him forever, cause no matter what he is her bilogical father an still has rights. Any advise would help alot, thanks

Comments (11)