SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wild_thing

Been awhile

wild_thing
14 years ago

It has been awhile since I last posted. We have been super busy.

We had the baby's birthday in August, he turned two. It was a lot of fun.

We had back to school shopping and getting the kids ready for school. That was not so much fun.

They just started school last week. But I am so happy for that!

Update on SD...same ole same ole I guess. I have to take her to work now since school started. But her hours have dropped drastically so it is only a couple times during the week if she is on the schedule.

LOL....i have to tell you what her latest "plot" was on the first day of school. It was out there. I had to take the older kids to school, which I normally don't do, dh does, but it was the last of inventory season for his work and he was going in very early to work etc...anyway, I take them on the first day. SD comes upstairs to find out that I am driving them....so she sits and waits...doesn't eat breakfast either. It's time to go I see her with her sweatshirt in her hand....and comment to her that it is going to be in the 90's that day. Ok, she runs the sweatshirt back into the house...takes forever....she comes back out with her bag which is looking rather stuffed for the first day, as they usually only need something to write with and a notebook. I ask why her bag is so full for the first day.....she opens it up to look inside and pulls out a pair of freshly made daisy duke cut off shorts! I just looked at her very quizzically. She then went on to explain that they belonged to her friend who let her "borrow" them at the end of the school year, and she just found them while cleaning her room and thought she would give them back to her. Hehehe....I asked her to hand 'em over anyway.

She hasn't talked to said friend but two times all summer. If she let her borrow these newly cut shorts she did not wear them at any point in the summer.

She has been "cleaning" her room since before summer started and it still is not done, so that was laughable.

Plus the cut offs were fresh cut (you can tell) so I knew she was lying anyway.

I couldn't believe she was planning on wearing those the first day! Wow!!!

I just confiscated them and left it at that. I showed her dad, he said something to her about them, and she gave him the story of the friend. He knew she lied and told her there was no reason to by lying to us. But what do you do? Her world is already pretty small by her own doing so that was that.

The other kids are good. I have been spending lots of time with them. My oldest went to his dad's for a week. 6 year old did tons of sleep overs before school started. More in the last month than all summer lol. The baby is doing great. He doesn't hit himself anymore or pull his hair.

Because obviously sd does not spend any time alone with him for the even more obvious reasons.

It is crunch time for sd this school year though. I already made it very clear that I will not put up with the crap that she pulled last school year, and her dad wants her to at least have C's in all her classes.

So she is crystal clear that it is a fresh start for her. We are crossing our fingers. Even though we are already off to a rocky start with the daisy dukes. Oiy! September hopefully sees no drama. I will be ever hopeful if that happens. Please lord just one month with no drama lol.