SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Soccer, BM and hoping DH puts his foot down!

lovehadley
14 years ago

SS has a half day at school today but has soccer practice (first one) directly after.

I was planning on picking him up from that at 1:30 today.

BM leaves DH a voicemail saying she has SS's shinguards and is going to drop them off and stay to watch practice. I KNEW she would.

I told DH that's fine by me, but that he needs to tell her she needs to LEAVE prior to practice being over.

SS is super duper uncomfortable when BM and I are together. A couple years ago, when BM and I were friendly, we went to a bounce place a couple times with the kids. SS acted like I have never seen him before. He REFUSED to make eye contact with me, wouldn't talk to me, much less look at me, and both times wound up sitting off by himself sulking.

It is some sort of loyalty issue---like he thinks BM doesn't want him to like me? Both times it was awful and both times BM got all upset and called DH saying SS clearly does not like me, etc. BUT that is NOT how he acts with me! At all!

and then the last time he was with both of us, we all know how THAT went...when he hid under his blanket and told BM I beat him and spank him all the time....we know how that night ended!

So I know without a doubt today---if BM is at practice when I pick him up, he is going to want to go with HER, or he's going to be upset and cry or act weird or SOMETHING. I see nothing good out of it at all!

It's not a good position for SS to be in or for me and I flat out told DH that he needs to make it CRYSTAL CLEAR to her she needs to leave 10 mins prior to practice being over or HE needs to pick SS up.

But then I think...just b/c DH TELLS her to do something doesn't mean she'll do it.

Comments (10)