SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

BM & inappropriate behavior

lovehadley
14 years ago

Ok, SS is loving his new school and so far I think BM is really happy with it, too.

One issue I hadn't considered, though, is that given the fact thay his school is only .69 miles from our house, it means BM is in "our" territory on days she has SS.

That's fine, but you have to understand we live in a very small-town like suburb of a big city. For example, last weekend I took the kids to the park that is only 2 blocks from our home, a park we frequent often, and SS said "oh, my mom took me here last week." YUCK. I had not thought that she may do stuff like that. It bugs me, I will admit, because I take DD there when it's just her sometimes and the thought of running into BM makes my skin crawl.

BUT it is what it is. I don't blame her for doing things with her son when he's with her, that's fine.

NOW--what is inappropriate is the fact that she just "stopped by" our house this morning! GRRRRRRRR.

I took DD to school and got home around 8:15. We bought a new desk and I was helping DH unload it from the car, so we were out in the driveway. I happened to glance up and saw what looked like BM's car driving down the street towards our house. Sure enough, she pulled over and parked right in front of our house, not 5 ft from where DH and I were. She hopped on out and waved and called hello, like there was nothing abnormal about it. I just turned and immediately went inside.

Turns out, she had SS in the car. I guess tomorrow is bike day at his school,but BM had his helmet. Since SS will be with us again from now until Monday, she wanted to drop the helmet off at our house.

Um, ok, that's fine, I guess, but stopping by unannounced is NOT okay.

DH said she fell all over herself apologizing and kept saying "I should have called first." YES, YOU SHOULD HAVE.

Then I wonder to myself---what if DH and I hadn't been home? Would she have come up on our porch and dropped it off--like she is NOT ALLOWED to do?????

I swear---part of me thinks she was just driving by to see if we were home, and stopped BECAUSE she saw us out in the driveway. There really was no reason SS couldn't have kept the helmet in his backpack at school today!

Part of me thinks BM likes creating this uncomfortable situations.

I just think---if it were ME--if someone had a restraining order on ME, you could not PAY me enough to go near them!

I swear BM just gets some perverse satisfaction out of getting a rise out of me!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Van Metre Homes
Average rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Home Builder | 5x Best of Houzz