SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

Annoyed

mom2emall
13 years ago

That is my previous post on here about my neighbors if you want a little background.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/step/msg092312187576.html?6

Anyways afterschool my ds and middle sd are in charge of walking ss home from school. There are 2 ways to walk home from their school, one way passes ss's school and the other does not. Well today ds walked the other way home with friends and sd did not leave school right away because she said she was telling a friend something. So when she got to ss's school he was already gone. She thought ds picked up ss. Well what really happened is the neighbor walked passed ss's school and got him because he was still there.

So afterschool when ss arrived home walking with only the neighbor we knew what happened. Me and DH talked to ds and sd about how they are the siblings of ss, and are the ones who should be walking him home---not the neighbor! WE told them from now on they both walk right away and get ss together so no more mix ups. We knew it was a simple mistake, not a big deal.

A little while later ds and a friend were outside playing with the neighbor boy.

Anyways my neighbor calls me last night sounding all huffy and puffy. Tells me how her son walked ss home because ds was walking home with friends and sd was not there yet. I told her to thank her son for us and told her about the mix up with ds and sd thinking the other one got ss. Pointed out that it was not a big deal and it won't happen again. (Plus the worst that would have happened is ds goes back into the school and calls us and we go get him. Not like he would have been left alone for hours or something.) In this case sd would have gotton him a few minutes later than usual when she passed the school.

Then the neighbor begins telling me that the new boy my ds is hanging out with is "too street smart" for her son and her son is not allowed to hang out with him. (The only things she knows about him are through her son who hangs out with him at school). I have gone back and forth on thinking about if ds should hang out with this boy because his dad is real trashy. But whenever the boy is here he is polite and uses manners. Over the weekend he was here with ds and I was making lunch. I offered him some and he ate with us. After lunch he thanked me and cleared his plate and drink.

And she told me that my son was hanging out with her sons friends afterschool as her son walked ss home and that her son was upset. She also told me that yesterday morning when my son walked to school without her son that he got there and was hanging out with her sons friends and being snippy with her son.

I WANTED to tell her that her son is not perfect and has made a lot of inappropriate comments/jokes in front of my ds....some of which ds has come to me and asked what they meant. I WANTED to tell her that I have seen and heard her ds acting inappropriately. But then I feel bad for her ds because he is trapped at home all the time with overly strict parents and if I tell her something he will get in more trouble.

So I just said that my son has been upset with hers lately a lot too. And that my son has said her son has not been being too nice to him. I did not go into details so it becomes a he said/he said type thing.

Now my husband is joking with me that this is what happens when you are friends with neighbors! lol

I just don't know what to do though. It feels like this lady is trying to act like her kids are holier than though and she is trying to warn me about this horrible path my child is taking. When in reality my ds is a typical boy his age. He does stupid things sometimes and learns from them, but nothing he has done is off the wall for his age.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!