SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dalda_gw

Husband expects me to leave my money to all kids equally.

dalda
12 years ago

I am originally from 3rd generation indian to be born in US, was married @20 to an american guy with 2 kids (then SS 7 & SD9) now they are SS23 & SD25, we have been married for 16 years. i have a biolgical daughter BD 14. i inherited my parents and both side grandparents substantial propertys (around 2 mil) through my parents will, which they intended for me and my biological children and my biological children only.my parents were most explicit that they did not want their family property to go to step kids.when they gave me the money they talked and DH knew that this was the clause, they told him upfront and he was ok with it.

DH and his kids now expect me to write my will so that all 3 of his kids get equal parts of my DDs inheritance. i do not want them to get anything from my money. they can inherit from DH and his ex-wife.they were rude to me all the time during they were in my house. i tried and tried being a good stepmom but they resented me too much.

i have worked and have supported the Skids and have payed substantial amount both them getting married. i do not think they can expect more from me.

i was in an arranged marriage with the understanding that he payes for HIS kids needs. but i did put a lot into it for 16 years. if i got my BD a dress/toy i would get them a dresstoy each with my money.

my question is can my husband force me to give money to them? the fights are so much that i have considered divorce. i am employed and can afford to maintain my BD and me.

DH lives in my ancestral home and expects his kids to own that too! i have talked to my solicitor and he said due to my parents will if i do not want they will not inherit my money.

now the question is do i save the marriage (already on the rocks) and give the money to skids or just pack their bags n kick them out? please help.

Comments (30)