SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pollylately

managing immature feelings (mine!)

pollylately
14 years ago

Hi, I've just returned from a wonderful wedding to a great man. Should be happy but I can't stop ruminating over my SD (15yrs). I made her my bridesmaid and tried hard to make her feel really valued by us as I anticipated it might be a weird day for her (her parents split up about 7 years ago but I know that's not a long time for a child). I told her constantly how beautiful she looked, how helpful she was...

I'm really struggling because she couldn't be as I wanted her to be on the day;-)

Don't get me wrong, she was beautifully polite and involved - but she didn't hug me, didn't tell me she was happy to be married, didn't tell me I looked pretty (not that I am - but I wanted her to want to say it). She also burst into tears just as the ceremony was about to start - she said after she was just hyped up and "it wasn't because I thought Daddy's going to marry a b*tch" - but I feel that's a Freudian slip.

I *know* that I am expecting the reactions of an adult, and she's doing really well just to turn up and be involved. But I'm desperate for her to love and accept me and don't know how to stop wanting that. It's starting to affect my help as I've been sleepless and losing weight for weeks. I wish I could just enjoy being married but I feel so excluded.

Sorry for long post - first time I've been honest about my feelings to anyone.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio