Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good news for once......

Posted by mom2emall (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 11, 10 at 0:32

Today was such a great day I had to share with you girls :) IT started with dh getting a promotion at work..which comes with a pay increase but no more hours at the job. And it ended with oldest sd being homecoming queen tonite at her high school homecoming dance!! She came home a little while ago and was on cloud nine!! She has a few friends sleeping over so they are all hanging out in the other room now that they filled me in on all the nights details.

Tonite was just so special because I had helped her pick out her dress, let her borrow jewelry of mine, and I did her hair and make-up for her. I also gave her a french manicure/pedicure last night so we had lots of girly time the last few days preparing for the dance. When she got home she ran right up to me screaming "MOM MOM MOM". I felt really special to be a part of it all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good news for once......

Awww! What a great day!
I'm proud of your family :)

o

"MOM MOM MOM"

That brought tears to my eyes. I'm happy for you!!!

o

Awww, that is wonderful news! What a special time for you & SD :0) Congrats to your DH & Your SD x0x

~Cat

o

"MOM MOM MOM"

Gave me chills!

You are such a blessing to those kids. I know they are huge blessings in your own life, and you feel lucky to have them--and you ARE--but, really, I just know God was looking out for those children when he placed you in their lives.

Glad you shared the great news! And congrats to DH, too!

o

That is such great news! You must be so happy and proud! Promotions are fantastic but Homecoming Queen - wow! That's a huge honor for a young lady. Congratulations on being the Homecoming Queen Mother - I think that must be the proper way to refer to Your Highness now. :-)

o

What wonderful news --
Congratulations on all fronts!

o

Thanks everyone!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here