SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
byebyemind

Stepfamilies stink sometimes

byebyemind
14 years ago

I am so sad and distraught today. To make a long story short my mom was married to a guy for many years. He died just a few years ago. All my teen years this man was my stepfather and I was close to him and to his mother, whom I considered to be my grandmother. My stepfather passed away a few years ago and my mother had people over to her home after the services. My stepfathers brother is very greedy and money hungry. He was scouting my moms house and we saw him go to his truck with something valuable of my stepfathers and my mother went right out and retrieved it without saying a word. The funny thing is that my stepfathers brother has money, he lives in an affluent area and both his children have studied abroad and are in pretty expensive colleges.

Anyways before my stepfather died his mother was going to come live with my mother and stepfather because she was getting too old to be on her own. After my stepfather died she decided to live with her other son. Since she moved in with her other son (my stepuncle) we never heard from her. My stepuncle and stepfather did not really speak when my stepfather was alive.

Anyways today I found out that my stepgrandma passed away a month ago and my stepuncle and his family did not bother to call us. So we missed services and everything. I am so upset about this. And I know it was on purpose that we were not called.

So today stepfamilies stink.

Comments (5)