SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sassymom12

A breakthrough with my DH!

sassymom12
14 years ago

My DH has been guilt parenting for a long time now. And today he didn't.

A little history: BM didn't take care of SD when DH traveled for work. Cheated on him with SD in the house. When he kicked her out, he felt bad for SD...there started the guilty parenting.She was the boss of him & the house.

So that's been a big issue since we've been together.

I wouldn't let her boss me around & she didn't like it one bit. Other issues with her like 4hr long temper tantrums, trying to run away,stealing,lying,hitting etc...all this & she's only 9!

Anyway,since we got married it's gotten worse. She's only nice when she wants something from me. I took her & DD shopping for clothes last night & she was so sweet & I actually enjoyed being with her. Then today when I was on the ph with my boss,she tried interupting.I put up a 1min sign & she got mad. When she was walking away my dog was in front of her & instead of walking around him, she kneed him, HARD in his side.I sent her to her room until DH got home(30min). I went in to ask her why she did that & she said she didn't do it,didn't see the dog,was walking backwards, any excuse & that I always blame her. Nevermind that I watched her do it & she was a foot in front of me. As I was leaving the room she threw her brush against the wall.Asked why, she said "because I can & I can throw anything I want to!" Oh no you can't...so I took throwable objects out of her room. She didn't care.

So I called DH to let him know & he asked if I took care of it,said I did & then the breakthrough....he asked "What would you like me to do when I get home?" I asked him to please back me up & follow through. When he got home he told SD that she is to show respect & not behave like that & that's the last time they'll have this conversation(same one for 2.5yrs)! And agrees with her punishment. Good job DH not opting out of the hard parenting! Proud wife!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County