SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

Welfare Fraud Again

mom2emall
13 years ago

Today I was thinking about the situation with bm. She recently told me that her and bf are moving into their own place. The kids told us a while back about going grocery shopping with bm on one of their few visits and how bm and bf bought steaks, lobster, shrimp, etc. They have a vehicle that is not more than a year old. I was thinking how can someone who is always so broke afford that stuff?? I know they save money on rent because they live with a crazy amount of people.

Then it dawned on me that she may be getting welfare benefits again. In our state their is a system you can login to look at some of your benefits. All you need is some info on any of the people in the welfare case. So I entered one of my stepkids info and there it was! Bm is again getting benefits for the stepkids! WTF!

Now when she did this in our state before I convinced dh to call the welfare office and he spoke to a caseworker about it all. We even faxed the caseworker documentation that he requested proving my dh had custody. When bm moved back out of state I called the welfare agency there and reported her for fraud here and told them I believed she would continue it out there. Nothing happens to this woman! Now what? Besides the fact that it is not fair for her to claim the kids when she contributes zero to their lives financially or otherwise, I also fear that someday it could come back to bite dh in some way.

Any ideas??

Comments (12)