SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
motherkate_gw

patience please!

motherkate
12 years ago

I have two little boy's who are 3 & 2 with my husband. The 2 year old is my ss. My husbands mother is very controlling and signed him out of school in the 5th grade. She commanded him when we moved out to give her him every weekend. They would come back with bugs on them and just in diapers when I had been potty training them. He finally agreed to tell his mom NO for the first time. So since she is like this... My ss never learned how to hold a spoon, walk up stairs, play with other kids, or get anything for himself. When we got out own place EVERYONE says how great he is even her. How grown up they are and happy. How he finally acts like a kid instead of just standing in the corner. He fusterates me soo bad though! Me and my husband and my 3 year old spent almost an hr trying to teach him how to high five with both hands. I just can not understand how he can be so... dumb... I love him to death his mother is not around and he calls me mom. However, there are little simple simple simple things he does not understand and I do not know how to get him too. My 3 year old is so smart and gets fusterated trying to teach him things. We have had to break him of the habit of saying I am bad. We only do positive re-inforcment we high-five and get excited when he does anything his self. Even my 3yr old helps. I need patience and help with this one. I always have to take a step back because he does not understand anything. When we put them in time out and we say get in bed. SS get in bed. He just stands there... He will look at you and just stand there... He can now do everything he should, but he just does not understand how to do anything. I can show him a million times an hr later he forgets and I have to start all over. He also wakes up crying. Not real cry fake cry. He will sit in his door way watching his T.V and just cry, then get into the t.v. then start crying. I do not understand this behavior. I do not fuel it though. I wait till he comes out of the bedroom and then ask him whats wrong and he says nothing and walks away... Help me... I can not stay patient much longer I am tired of doing everything A MILLION times a day trying to get him to understand simple things like high fives.

Comments (16)