SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
candie31

My weird stepfamily

candie31
12 years ago

I have been married for all of 3 months, I have dated my husband for 4 years before we were engaged and married, I have a 9 year old daughter, and he has a 7 year old son, whom he has custody of, anyway...my daughter does not want to like my husband, she did before we got married, but she just never settled down. At first she didn't want us to sleep together so she would stay up all night long, until the sun came up, during the course of her staying up, she would walk into our bedroom, and ask for unecessary things, all night long, when my husband would ask her to go back to bed, she would actually throw a tempertantrum, with hollering and screaming. She would keep everyone up in the house all night long. My husband is quite frustated, and so am I. She goes to visit her dad on every other weekend, and he has a steady girlfriend that my daughter just loves, she spends time with her, calls her on the phone, but she does not want to put that type of effort into my husband, whom she sees on a daily basis. I really don't know what to do, I am planning to get her counseling, along with the rest of the family, but I am broken hearted, because if I'm spending time with her, my husband is unhappy, and when I'm spending time with him, my daugter is unhappy, it's almost like they are subconsiously fighting for a certain spot in my heart. Can someone give me some really good advice, or has anyone ever experienced this, and does it go away, or is this the rest of my life, until my daughter graduates and goes on to college?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County