SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom_of_4

parallel universe

mom_of_4
14 years ago

So, I feel like DH and I are living in a parallel universe with BM right now. It is seriously strange. I posted about a month or so ago that BM brought up at sd's bday party that she wanted to move to Texas at the beginning of next year. DH and I were in our own little panic because of the possibility and we took the advice of (cant remember who on here but someone) and got the papers drawn up to at least change the divorce decree to reflect the actual situation right now. Well... her version of the situation...50/50 right down the middle no child support going either way. We are presenting the papers to her soon. Hopefully, that will go over well. That will at least give us a leg up if she decides to try and move. But, in the mean time things have been very odd. Bm has been ridiculously copperative. We decided that we wanted to move to the other side of town and move the kids to the school in our area. In the past this would have been a serious area for contention but BM merely said ok. She blew off child support and doesnt get it at all right now. She "knows we cant afford it so no big deal" ((very odd)) For the first time ever (and I do mean ever) she bought school supplies and school clothes this year. But, to add odd to odd instead of keeping anything at her house she sent all of the school supplies to me. She then tried twice to send all of the school clothes to our house as well. (we were caught off guard at the time and told her to just keep what she has at her house ... because "wont you need it for when the kids are with you?") She has been super nice and chatty with me lately. Which was always a big no no with her (and was totally fine with me) Then she called DH to say that he could just go ahead and claim all three kids on his income tax this year she didnt need it. Normally each claims one child and they rotate the middle child from year to year. This year would have been her year to claim two kids. So, needless to say that is a lot of money she is just giving away. We even approached her with the fact that with me going to school in the evening starting at the end of the month there may be an occasion that if DH is stuck in traffic or at work the kids may need to stay home alone for a small amount of time. We fully expected her to throw her usual fit and want them to go to her which would have been fine with us... we were expecting it. Her response was "oh no I understand whatever you have to do" And, to top it all off when she and I were at the kids school the other day (the only time she has ever been there ... never even checked the school out when we offered) She brought up to me that "we" needed to get a notorized letter allowing me to make medical decisions for the kids. This from the woman who once threw a fit because I was going to take them to a dentist appointment she made and then decided she couldnt take them to. And then again through a fit because I picked out the doctors on our insurance plan for the kids... actually my insurance plan.

It is such an odd turn around that DH and I are basically spinning. It is like we are on the edge of our seats waiting to see what is going to happen next. I almost feel like she is going to skip town on her own and is just setting things up so she doesnt feel guilty for doing so.

Oh, and just a little side note ... I went to her myspace the other day and realized she 'friended' she ex boyfriends baby's mama. Which, is the same woman she followed in her car to catch her driving on a suspended liscense and called the cops on her to get her arrested and repeatedly told the kids and everyone else how awful a person she was and how bad a mother she was. Apparently she sent her a birthday wish Weird Weird Weird

I cant even begin to know what to make of all of this. I would like to kick back and say YEAH things are going our way... but that would be just to easy. Thoughts?

Comments (8)